On the finale of the first season of Tricky, Emily and Heather are joined by media critic and NYU journalism professor Jay Rosen to discuss the reporting that exposed the Trump administration’s atrocities at the border and the role of the American press in an era of competing realities.
- Listen to Children Who’ve Just Been Separated From Their Parents at the Border — ProPublica’s initial reporting from inside a U.S. Customs and Border Protection facility.
- A reporter at the White House decided to play the audio of children sobbing. Somebody had to. — Our friend Margaret Sullivan’s column about reporter Olivia Nuzzi’s decision to play the ProPublica clip during a White House press briefing.
- Trump’s Executive Order Creates a New Border Crisis — On the aftermath of Trump’s executive order ending family separations.
- Due Process for Undocumented Immigrants, Explained — A New York Times explainer on how due process works for undocumented immigrants.
- It’s time for the press to suspend normal relations with the Trump presidency — Our guest Jay Rosen’s latest blog post about the media’s relationship with the Trump administration.